Safety of patient and nursing staff
What will the course provide?
Welcome to the course Safety of patient and nursing staff.
- We will have a look at events and situations which may put the safety of patients and nurses at risk.
- We will also look at ways of preventing these situations.
You will see:
- how our practice is affected by patient injuries and falls,
- and the role played by medical equipment, particularly hospital beds.
You will be introduced to the IEC 60601-2-52:2009 standard.
- defining safety parameters for hospital beds.
- You will also learn about its relevance to our practice.
In one of the wards we will have a look at the problem of nosocomial infections.
- You will be introduced to the methods, technologies, materials and equipment,
- used to prevent nosocomial infections.
There is also a self-contained ward devoted to preventing the complications of immobility.
Here you will learn about:
- the equipment that can be used to provide effective prevention and management of pressure ulcers,
- the practical solution for the safe repositioning of a patient in bed
- and the safe mobilisation of a patient, giving them a higher degree of independence.
Please come in. Set off on a journey to increased patient safety.